ARTICLES OF FAITH
1. We cannot summarize what the Bible says and all that Yahweh's Spirit has further revealed through studies, historical research and the lives of people living according to His Word; nevertheless we present some of the key teachings of the Winnipeg Assembly of Yahweh, which recognizes that its basis of faith shall be the doctrine of Messiah which was once delivered to the saints. (2John 9, 10; Jude 3).
2. We believe that the Bible is Yahweh's Word, the only revealed message to mankind, given to bring responsive individuals to the obedience of faith. The Bible is our only authority and we teach that it should be read and studied prayerfully and with care at every opportunity. (2 Tim.3:16; 2 Peter 1:20, 21; Rom. 16:26; John 17:17; Acts 17:11). Although we believe that there may be other religious works (past and present) of certain literary merit, they should never be used as the sole basis for establishing truth on doctrinal matters unless they agree and are consistent with the revealed teachings of the Bible. The Bible is the plumb line from which all truth is measured.
3. There is only one Eternal, Immortal, Invisible Elohim, the Father. (Exodus 3:15; Isaiah 45:5; 1Tim.1:17; Eph.4:6).
4. Yeshua the Messiah is the Son of Yahweh the Father, who existed with Yahweh the Father before He (Yeshua) created all things. (Prov. 30:4; John 1:1-3). He was conceived, born, lived and died as a perfect human being on the earth in complete obedience to the will of His Father. (Matt. 1:21; Phil.2:7,8). Yeshua and the Father are in perfect agreement in attitude, purpose and intention, and form a God family of which a human family is a representation.
5. The Holy Spirit is Yahweh's Spirit and Yahweh's Spirit is Yeshua's Spirit. (Rom. 8:9-11). The Holy Spirit is Yahweh's own power, sent from Yahweh, which enters the mind of each true Christian after repentance, water baptism, and the laying-on of hands. This is called conversion, which begets that person as a child of Yahweh and is an earnest of the resurrection to eternal life, which will occur at the return of Yeshua the Messiah to this earth. (Luke 1:35; Acts 1:8; 10:38; Rom.8:11).
6. Man is a living soul, a mortal being under the death penalty for violating Yahweh's Law, His eternal principles revealed in His Commandments. Man has inherited a weakened (fallen) human nature. His whole being is prone to sin and the punishment for sin is eternal death, real death, the cessation of all life. (Gen. 2:7; Eccl. 3:19,20; 9:5; Job 4:17; Rom. 3:23; Jer. 17:9; Mk. 7:21-23; Rom. 6:23; Psa. 6:5; 39:13; 89:48; 115:17; 146:4).
7. Yahweh sent His Son, Yeshua, into the world to save men and woman FROM their sins. (Matt.1:21). Those who are willing to stop sinning (breaking Yahweh's Ten Commandments), change their lives and trust and follow Messiah and His teachings, and will not die forever, but will be granted eternal life. (John 3:16). Yeshua was sinless. He died to satisfy the righteous requirements of Yahweh's Law, which all people have violated, which resulted in death passing upon all (Rom. 5:12). Yahweh raised Yeshua from the dead, gave Him immortality, granted Him all authority in heaven and on earth, and set Him as the mediator in heaven between Yahweh and man. (Acts 2:32; Eph.1:19-23; 1Tim.2:5).
8. Messiah will impart His righteousness to those who receive His ransom, substitutionary sacrifice by FAITH. (Rom. 7:25 -8:14). We are not saved by His death; we are saved by His life. We are justified by His death, which destroyed the devil, that is, the power of sin and death. (Rom.5:10; Heb. 2:14).
9. True repentance and the Christian life are defined in terms of Yahweh's Law, which is holy, just and good, and is summarized in the Ten Commandments and their spiritual intent, as explained in Messiah's Sermon on the Mount. (Rom. 7:12,22; 8:6-9; Matt. 5).
10. Man is to live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of Yahweh, which in our day means the entirety of the Bible. (Matt. 4:4). Living according to the Bible means renouncing many pagan religious ideas and practices. It also means loving obedience to Yahweh's instructions such as observing His weekly Sabbath (Fourth Commandment) and His annual Holy Days, following Yahweh's dietary laws for our own good health [choosing His original diet (Genesis 1:29) for ultimate health], tithing and cheerful giving, and living according to the spirit of loving Yahweh with all one's heart and mind, and loving one's neighbor as oneself.
11. The return of our Master, Yeshua the Messiah to this earth, will occur just at that instant in time when human life will just about obliterate itself from this planet. At Messiah's return, the righteous will be resurrected from their graves to eternal life, sin and evil will be bound and the Kingdom of Yahweh will be established on the earth for 1,000 years. (Acts 1:11; Luke 21:21-32; John 5:28-29; 1Cor. 15:22-26, 51-56; Rev. 20:5, 6).
12. The Kingdom of Yahweh will be established on earth with Yeshua as King of the nations. His capital city will be Jerusalem, His dominion will be worldwide, and His government will bring righteousness and peace without end. He will rule the nations with a rod of iron with His church, the called out ones (Biblical Christians), who will rule the world with Him until sin and death are abolished and the earth will be full of Yahweh's glory forever. (Dan. 2:44; 7:13,14,27; Jer. 3:17; Isa. 2:1-4; 11:1-9; 61:1-11; Zech. 8:22; 14:1-16; Rev. 2:26, 27; 3:21; 5:10).
13. After the millennial reign, sin and evil will be allowed to deceive the nations once more in a final rebellion against Messiah's kingdom, which ends with the destruction of this wicked instigator who is cast into a lake of fire. Then all who did not have a chance for salvation in this life will be resurrected to mortal life. They will at last be given their opportunity to repent and become Yahweh's spiritual children. (Rev. 20:7-15; 22:14).
14. The devil (accuser) or ha-satan (the adversary) according to the Bible, is not a supernatural being or a great fallen angel with mysterious god-like powers, but is another name for idols, adversaries, accusers, opposers, a synonym for man's carnal (fallen) human nature, unrighteous governments of unregenerate men, and also for sin, which is destroyed only in Messiah. (Mark 7:21-23; James 1:14-15; Heb. 2:14). The pagan phrase, "Satan the Devil" does not appear in the Bible.
15. All of the incorrigibly wicked will be resurrected to mortal life, judged and killed, obliterated forever. This is called eternal death in the Bible and will take place after Messiah's millennial reign when all things are made new. (John 3:16; Rom. 6:23; Psa. 37:9-11; 73:17, 18; 92:7; 104:35; 140:10; Job 21:30; Rev. 20:14; 21:8).